Get a chance to be one step closer to participating in a series of elimination drawings during the NASCAR Playoffs to potentially be one of four (4) finalists who win a VIP trip to the NASCAR Cup Series Championship Weekend at Phoenix Raceway. One (1) of the four (4) finalists will win $1 million in a drawing broadcast live from the NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race.
Kansas Lottery Powerball and Powerball with Power Play tickets purchased beginning 4:00 AM CT May 1, 2023 and entered into PlayOn May 2 through 11:59 pm CT July 2, 2023, are eligible for entry in the NASCAR Powerball Playoff promotion. Eligible Kansas Lottery Powerball or Powerball with Power Play tickets may be winning or non-winning tickets and will receive an entry based on the dollar value of the ticket. (e.g. $6 Powerball ticket will receive six (6) entries) Mailed tickets or any other method of submitting tickets will not be accepted for entries into the promotion.
PlayOn members must submit their eligible Powerball or Powerball with Power Play tickets into PlayOn for an entry no later than 11:59 PM CT July 2, 2023.
Twenty (20) winners will be announced at approximately noon July 7, 2023. Check back here for the list of winners.
- Twenty (20) Kansas Lottery winners will each receive $1,000 cash. (State and Federal taxes will be the responsibility of the winner.)
- The same 20 winners will have their name submitted as a semi-finalist to Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL) to have their names added to the national pool of semi-finalists.
ADDITIONAL DRAWINGS AND THEIR PRIZES WILL BE CONDUCTED BY MUSL:
MUSL will perform a total of five (5) drawings. The first four (4) drawings will be performed by on a Digital Draw System, and the final drawing will be performed using a mechanical draw machine on November 5, 2023, as part of the NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race live at Phoenix Raceway.
Drawings will follow the 2023 NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs Schedule as outlined below:
Drawing 1 – August 12, 2023
- MUSL will draw sixteen (16) semi-finalists.
- Public announcement of sixteen (16) semi-finalists on Aug. 26, 2023, during Coke Zero Sugar 400 at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL.
Drawing 2 – September 9, 2023
- MUSL will draw from sixteen (16) to twelve (12) semi-finalists.
- Public announcement of twelve (12) semi-finalists on Sept. 16, 2023, during Bass Pro Shops Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, TN.
- The four (4) semi-finalists who are not announced as one of the twelve (12) to advance to the next round of drawings will receive $2,500, paid by MUSL.
Drawing 3 – October 1, 2023
- MUSL will draw from twelve (12) to eight (8) semi-finalists.
- Public announcement of eight (8) semi-finalists on Oct. 8, 2023, during Bank of America Roval 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, NC.
- The four (4) semi-finalists who are not announced as one of the eight (8) to advance to the next round of drawings will receive $5,000, paid by MUSL.
Drawing 4 – October 11, 2023
- MUSL will draw from eight (8) semi-finalists to four (4) finalists.
- Public announcement of four (4) finalists on Oct. 29, 2023, during Xfinity 500 at Martinsville Speedway in Martinsville, VA.
- The four (4) semi-finalists who are not announced as one of the four (4) to advance to the next round of drawings will receive $7,500, paid by MUSL.
- The four (4) finalists will receive a VIP Trip Experience in Phoenix, Arizona November 3 – 6, 2023. Each finalist may bring one (1) guest.
Drawing 5 – November 5, 2023
- Drawing will take place from four (4) finalists to one (1) winner.
- Final drawing will be broadcast live from the NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race at Phoenix Raceway in Avondale, AZ.
- During the final drawing, one (1) finalist will win the Grand Prize of one million dollars ($1,000,000). Three (3) finalists will win ten thousand dollars ($10,000). All finalist prizes will be paid by MUSL.
ADDITIONAL RULES AND INFORMATION:
TRIP PRIZE DESCRIPTION:
The Trip Prize consists of a four-day, three-night VIP trip for the winner (“Winner”) and one (1) guest to Phoenix, AZ (“PHX”), from approximately Friday, November 3, 2023 to Monday, November 6, 2023, to participate in a drawing for a prize in the amount of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) (“$1 Million Prize”) to be conducted Sunday, November 5, 2023, during the live television broadcast of the NASCAR Cup Series Championship™ Race on NBC (“Program”) from Phoenix Raceway in Avondale, AZ. The Trip Prize shall include the following elements:
- Round-trip, coach-class airline transportation for two (2) people from the major airport nearest Winner’s city to PHX (if within 250 miles of PHX, rail or ground transportation to be substituted);
- Three (3) nights hotel accommodations (selected by Prize Provider in its sole discretion) in PHX (double occupancy, room and tax only);
- Two (2) Ally Curve Hospitality Club passes (includes food, beverages and FanShield Infield Experience access) at Phoenix Raceway for admission to:
- NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship™ Race at 4:00pm on Saturday, November 4, 2023
- NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race™ at 1:00pm on Sunday, November 5, 2023
- Two (2) passes for VIP Experiences at Phoenix Raceway during NASCAR Championship Weekend™ for Saturday, November 4 and Sunday, November 5, 2023 including:
- NASCAR Cup Series™ VIP access
- NASCAR team hauler tour
- MRN Radio booth tour
- Pace car rides
- Pre-Race attendance
- Victory Lane access
- Two (2) Official NASCAR Championship Weekend™ Event Programs;
- Two (2) Racing Electronics Scanner Rentals for use while at Phoenix Raceway;
- Two (2) Souvenir Gift Bags, each with a retail value of at least two hundred fifty dollars ($250);
- Two (2) tickets to a Welcome Dinner in Downtown Phoenix on Friday, November 3, 2023;
- All meals while in PHX, including the Welcome Dinner on Friday, November 3, 2023; and
- Ground transportation to and from airports, hotel, and activities in PHX.
Winner is not required to travel to PHX to participate in the drawing for, and remain eligible to win, the $1 Million Prize. Winner may appoint a proxy to take the trip instead, subject to the Trip Prize Terms and Conditions, and will still remain eligible to win the $1 Million Prize.
- Winner (or their proxy) may also have the opportunity to participate in the recording and production of the Program and/or appear in the broadcast of the Program, provided that Winner completes and signs all required releases and forms and consents to a background check. If Winner appoints a proxy, the proxy must complete and sign all required releases and clear the background check in order to take the trip. In the event that Winner’s designated proxy does not clear the background check, Prize Provider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, either to (i) allow Winner to appoint another proxy to take the trip (subject to background clearance and Prize Provider deadlines); or (ii) allow proxy to travel and to appoint a second proxy (selected by Prize Provider) to participate in the Program.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Winner’s eligibility to participate in the trip and/or the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is not affected by Winner’s failure to complete and sign all required release and forms and/or to consent to a background check and/or by any information obtained pursuant to a background check, but those failures may affect the nature of his/her appearance and/or degree of participation in the Program. While Winner’s eligibility to participate in the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is an element of the Trip Prize, the opportunity to participate in the recording and production of the Program and/or appear in the broadcast of the Program is expressly NOT an element of the Trip Prize and is determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion. Prize Provider reserves the right to appoint a proxy to appear and participate in the Program for Winner for any reason as it may determine in its sole discretion. The appointment of any proxy shall not affect Winner’s eligibility for the $1 Million Prize.
- Must be a Kansas Lottery PlayOn® member to participate. It is FREE to join! Visit www.kslottery.com/playon/ for details.
- These prize packages are subject to all Official Rules and restrictions for this drawing, all rules and regulations of the Kansas Lottery, state and federal law.
- Entering the drawing constitutes authorization to identify publicly the name of the person whose entry is drawn.
- There will be one (1) drawing in “NASCAR Powerball Playoff” promotion selecting twenty (20) winners of $1,000 cash and submitted as semi-finalists. There will be five (5) drawings conducted by MUSL, with the first drawing selecting sixteen (16) semi-finalists from all participating jurisdictions to participate in subsequent drawings.
- State and federal withholding taxes responsibility of the winner.
- Semi-finalist positions are not exchangeable for cash.
- An email will be sent to the winner’s email address listed in their PlayOn profile with an electronic claim form attached, followed by the same documentation sent by U.S. mail. Winners must return his or her completed claim form, electronically, by U.S. mail, or hand-delivered to the Kansas Lottery claims center within 10 days from the date of the drawing or the next eligible entry shall be declared the winner.
- Players may enter the drawing as often as they wish but may win only one prize for this promotion.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter, win, or claim a prize.
- Need not be present to win.
- Kansas Lottery is not responsible for electronic malfunction or player error.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Prize provider will be the Multi-State Lottery Association.
- THE TERM “PRIZE PROVIDER” IS THE MULTI-STATE LOTTERY ASSOCIATION (MUSL), OR A THIRD-PARTY UNDER CONTRACT WITH MUSL TO FULFILL ALL ELEMENTS OF THE TRIP PRIZE EXCEPT THE $1M GRAND PRIZE.
- Each entry ticket may only be used one time as an eligible entry into the drawing.
- Kansas Lottery retains the right to substitute an alternate prize of approximate equal value.
- NASCAR®, used with expressed permission. NASCAR, LLC is not a sponsor of this promotion.