Ring in the New Year with $1,000 Cash and a chance to win $1 Million!
THE SEMI-FINALISTS ARE:
- Becky Sullivan of Garden City
- Margueriette Hutchison of Wichita
- Dana Phelps of Coffeyville
- Teri Janzen of Augusta
- Kyle Johnson of Topeka
- Keith Mispagel of Atchison
- Debra Watson of Wichita
- Greg Bramlage of Topeka
- Andrea Lomas of Hoisington
- Kevin Warders of Manhattan
- Richard Carmitchel of Bonner Springs
- Raymond Villaneuva of Dodge City
- Joel Hambleton of Kansas City, Kan.
- Ron Langford of Wichita
Kansas Lottery Powerball tickets entered into PlayOn beginning at August 22 on 12:01 am CT through October 3, 2021 are eligible for an entry into the Powerball First Millionaire of the Year promotion. Eligible Kansas Lottery Powerball tickets may be winning or non-winning tickets.
POWERBALL FIRST MILLIONAIRE OF THE YEAR PRIZE INCLUDES:
- $1,000 CASH
- A Semi-Finalist position* for a chance to win $1 Million at the Powerball First Millionaire of the Year Event!!
PlayOn members can enter their Powerball and Powerball with Power Play tickets into PlayOn by 11:59 pm CT October 3, 2021. Each Powerball ticket entered will receive an entry based on the dollar value of the ticket (e.g. $4 Powerball ticket will receive 4 entries). Each Powerball with Power Play ticket will receive double entries (e.g. $3 Powerball with Power Play ticket will receive 6 entries).
|11:59 pm CT October 3, 2021
||Noon October 7, 2021
||Fourteen (14) Semi-Finalist winners
- Must be a Kansas Lottery PlayOn member to participate. It is FREE to join! Visit the PlayOn page for details.
- The prize packages are subject to all “official rules” and restrictions for this drawing, all rules and regulations of the Kansas Lottery, state and federal law.
- State and federal taxes are responsibility of the winner.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter, win, or claim a prize.
- Each entry ticket may only be used one time as an eligible entry into the drawing.
- Submitting an entry into the drawing constitutes authorization to identify publicly the name of the person whose entry is drawn.
- Kansas Lottery retains the right to substitute an alternate prize of approximate equal value for the First Powerball Millionaire of the Year promotion.
- Players may enter as often as they wish, but may win only one prize for this promotion.
- Need not be present to win.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- There will be one drawing in the "Powerball First Millionaire of the Year" promotion selecting 14 semi-finalist winners and 5 alternates.
- An email will be sent to the winners email address in their PlayOn profile with an electronic claim form attached, followed by the same documentation sent by U.S. mail.
- Winners must return completed claim forms electronically, by U.S. mail, or hand-delivered to the Kansas Lottery claims center within 10 calendar days following the date of the drawing or the next eligible entry shall be declared the winner.
- The Powerball First Millionaire of the Year Event drawing will be conducted by MUSL (Multi State Lottery Association). For more details see the "Celebrate@Home" prize pack details, term and conditions.
- Kansas Lottery is not responsible for electronic malfunction or player error.
- PlayOn® is a registered trademark of Pollard Banknote Limited.
Powerball FIRST Millionaire of the Year Event Details
Here are the steps to how the five (5) Finale Finalists will be selected:
- If selected as a Finale finalist, prize package fulfillment will be handled by dick clark productions (dcp) and the Kansas Lottery.
- Here are the steps to how the five (5) finalists will be selected:
- MUSL will supply participating lotteries with details regarding the prize package and all-related rules and guidelines.
- Participating lotteries will host promotions of their choosing through any avenues – players clubs, rewards programs, raffles, etc. – to generate a certain number of semi-finalists designated by MUSL.
- Lotteries will provide MUSL with the names of their semi-finalists no later than November 1, 2021.
- MUSL will randomly choose five (5) finalists through a digital draw system from the names of all semi-finalists provided by the participating lotteries.
- MUSL will provide the names of the five (5) finalists to dcp, and dcp will conduct background checks, arrange for execution of appearance releases and other documents, and handle fulfillment of the prizes.
- If chosen as one of the five finalists, the Winner will receive the “Celebrate@Home” New Year’s Eve party package. This will allow the finalist to participate remotely in the Powerball First Millionaire of the Year drawing for $1 Million to be conducted shortly after midnight on January 1, 2022, during the live television broadcast of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2022 on ABC. The prize package awarded to each finalist, valued at approximately $20,000, shall include the following:
- $10,000 Cash
- Deluxe surf and turf dinner for eight (8) people from Omaha Steaks
- 70” LED television, including a home theater sound system and installation
- 15.5” laptop computer plus 20 mega-pixel digital camera, on-camera microphone, 19” ring light, laptop stand, and other accessories, including home set-up
- Gift certificate to Party City for $500
- Beverage package with a retail value of $500
- Karaoke system
- Two (2) gift bags, each with a retail value of $250
- Entry in the third annual Powerball First Millionaire of the Year drawing for the $1 Million Prize.
*The Powerball First Millionaire of the Year event, details and prize distribution will be executed by Multi-State Lottery Association.