Your Chance To Become The First Millionaire Of The Year With Powerball!
The Trip Winners are:
- Barbara Warner of Viola
- Sam Goitom of Lenexa
The Cash Winners Are:
- Justin Scheve of Olathe
- Brian Krajca of Wichita
- Javier Salazar of Lenexa
- David Stanley of Russell
- Michael Kratzberg of Olathe
- Charles Woolsoncroft of Overland Park
- Carla Adams of Larned
- John Billheimer of Overland Park
- Bob Younger of Ellis
- Darren Odum of Overland Park
Kansas Lottery Powerball and Powerball with Power Play tickets purchased beginning August 1 at 4:00 a.m. and entered into PlayOn through October 2, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. are eligible for entry in the Powerball First Millionaire of the Year promotion. Eligible tickets may be winning or non-winning tickets of $6 or more in value on a single ticket.
Eligible tickets may be entered into PlayOn beginning August 2. Each ticket entered will receive an entry based on the dollar value of the ticket. (e.g. $6 Powerball ticket will receive six (6) entries)
Players must submit their eligible tickets into PlayOn for an entry by 11:59 p.m. CT on 10/2/22.
Twelve (12) winners will be announced at approximately noon CT on 10/06/22.
- Ten (10) winners will each receive $1,000 cash
- Two (2) winners will each receive a four-day, three-night VIP trip for two to New York City. One (1) of the Trip Winners will also be randomly selected to be a finalist for the Kansas Lottery and participate in an additional drawing for a $1 MILLION Prize to be conducted shortly after midnight on January 1, 2023, during the broadcast of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve
TRIP PRIZE PACKAGES INCLUDE:
- Round-trip, coach-class airline transportation for two (2) people from major airport nearest winner’s city to NYC (if within 250 miles of NYC, rail or ground transportation to be substituted)
- Three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations at a Times Square hotel (selected by Prize Provider in its sole discretion) in NYC (double occupancy, room and tax only)
- Two (2), as defined below, tickets to a welcome dinner on December 29, 2022
- Two (2) tickets for an exclusive entertainment experience on December 30, 2022
- Two (2) tickets for an exclusive New Year’s Eve dinner and entertainment with other Trip Prize winners and their guests
- Two (2) gift bags, each with a retail value of at least Three Hundred Fifty Dollars ($350)
- All meals while in NYC, including the Welcome Dinner on December 29, 2022, and the NYE dinner on December 31, 2022
- Spending money in the amount of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000)
- Ground transportation to and from airports, hotel, and activities while in NYC
- Mandatory State and Federal taxes on the Trip Prize as follows: Federal Tax $6,760.56 and State Tax $1,408.45
- Trip Prize is valued at approximately $28,169.01
TRIP PRIZE TERMS:
- If the Trip Winner resides fewer than two fifty hundred (250) miles from New York City, NY, Prize Provider, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of airline transportation. Trip Winner and his or her guest ("Guest") must travel on same itinerary.
- All other costs and expenses involved with or related to acceptance and/or participation in the Trip Prize not specifically included in the description of the Trip Prize, including, without limitation, ground transportation, transfers, additional hotel amenities (i.e., spa services, internet access, phone calls, laundry services), fees and gratuities, airline change fees, airline premium seat fees, airline baggage fees (both checked and carry on), and personal expenses such as laundry, valet service, photos, souvenirs, and other incidentals, are the sole responsibility of Trip Winner and Guest. Trip Winner will be required to submit a valid major credit card to the hotel to cover all expenses not specifically awarded as part of the Trip Prize. Travel and hotel accommodations are subject to availability.
- The date and location of any of the events or activities included in the Trip Prize (individually/collectively, “Event(s)”) may be subject to change. Prize Provider is not responsible if any Event is delayed, postponed, or cancelled for any reason, in whole or in part, and in such event, Prize Provider’s only obligation is to award the other elements of the Trip Prize. No compensation will be paid in lieu of any cancelled Event or any other element of the Trip Prize.
- In order to participate in the Trip Prize, Trip Winners must execute all releases and forms required by Prize Provider, including, without limitation, an Appearance and Liability Release, Background Investigation Consent Form, Emergency Medical Release, and Finalist Information Form, and agree to comply with all then-current federal, state, and/or local government and/or agency, network, or Prize Provider laws, regulations, restrictions, guidelines, and/or protocols (collectively, “Production Requirements”). Trip Winners may appoint a proxy (or have a proxy appointed) to participate in the Trip Prize, subject to the proxy’s satisfying the Production Requirements. Trip Winners may only transfer the Trip Prize in its entirety one (1) time to a proxy. Trip Winners must execute and return all required documentation within five (5) days of Trip Winners’ receipt (or such shorter period as Prize Provider’s production exigencies may require). Failure to respond and/or execute and return such documentation by the specified deadline(s) may result in forfeiture of the Trip Prize. If Trip Winners elect to appoint a proxy, they must do so on or before November 18, 2022.
- If a Trip Winner appoints a proxy, the proxy must satisfy the Production Requirements in order to participate in the Trip Prize and/or participate in the broadcast of the Program. In the event that Trip Winner’s designated proxy does not satisfy the Production Requirements, Prize Provider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to allow Trip Winner to appoint another proxy to participate in the Trip Prize in Trip Winner’s place (subject to Prize Provider’s production schedule and deadlines and satisfying the Production Requirements).
- If Finalist appoints a proxy (or has a proxy appointed), Finalist will still remain eligible to win the $1 Million Prize. Finalist may only transfer the Trip Prize (excluding eligibility for the $1 Million Prize drawing) in its entirety one (1) time to a proxy.
- Prize Provider reserves the right to appoint a proxy to appear and participate in the broadcast of the Program for Finalist for any reason as it may determine in its sole discretion. The appointment of any proxy shall not affect Finalist’s eligibility for the $1 Million Prize or receipt of the Trip Prize.
- Guest must also execute all releases and forms required by Prize Provider and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local government and/or agency laws, rules, orders, and regulations as well as Prize Provider’s rules, regulations, and/or safety guidelines.
- Trip Winners who do not elect to take a guest, or whose Guest, for any reason, does not actually take the trip, are still subject to the full amount of any taxes due on the total value of the Trip Prize.
- No prize element substitution, cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of the Trip Prize or any elements thereof is permitted. Any unused elements of the Trip Prize will be forfeited, will not be redeemable for cash, and may not reduce the prize value awarded for tax purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing:
- If a Trip Winner misses his or her flight for any reason, reasonable efforts will be used to reschedule the flight at Trip Winner’s expense. If the flight is not able to be rescheduled in a reasonable time for Trip Winner’s participation in the Events, (i) Trip Winner shall forfeit and not participate in the travel portion of the Trip Prize, including the Events; (ii) Trip Winner will still receive the One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) of spending money portion of the Trip Prize and the two (2) Gift Bags (less any tax withholdings and any outstanding debt setoff, if applicable); and (iii) if Trip Winner is Finalist, Finalist will remain eligible for the $1 Million Prize drawing.
- If Trip Winner is unable to travel in connection with the Trip Prize for any reason after tickets have been booked, (i) Trip Winner shall forfeit and not participate in the travel portion of the Trip Prize, including the Events; (ii) Trip Winner will still receive the One Thousand ($1,000) of spending money portion of the Trip Prize and the two (2) Gift Bags (less any tax withholdings and any outstanding debt setoff, if applicable); and (iii) if Trip Winner is Finalist, Finalist will remain eligible for the $1 Million Prize drawing
- Failure to respond and/or execute and return required releases, forms, and other documentation and/or failure to collect, properly claim, respond, and/or cooperate in the acceptance, receipt, delivery, and/or fulfillment of any element of the Trip Prize may result in forfeiture of the Trip Prize or the applicable element thereof, as Prize Provider may determine in its sole discretion. If forfeited for any reason, Winner will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation of any kind, and Prize Provider may award the Trip Prize to an alternate recipient as it may determine in its sole discretion. If the Trip Prize cannot be fulfilled due to any federal, state, and/or local government and/or agency, network, or Prize Provider restrictions, regulations, guidelines, or risk assessments, Prize Provider reserves the right, in its sole and complete discretion, to substitute an alternate or substitute prize of reasonably comparable value as determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion.
$1 MILLION PRIZE TERMS:
- Finalist shall not be required to travel to NYC to participate in the drawing for, and to remain eligible to win, the $1 Million Prize. If Finalist travels to NYC but fails to attend the Event at which the $1 Million Prize drawing occurs, Finalist will remain eligible for the $1 Million Prize drawing.
- Finalist (or his/her proxy) may also have the opportunity to participate in the recording and production of the Program and/or appear in the broadcast of the Program, provided that Finalist completes and signs all required releases and forms and consents to a background check. If Finalist appoints a proxy, the proxy must complete and sign all required releases and clear the background check in order to take the trip. In the event the Finalist’s designated proxy does not clear the background check, Prize Provider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, either to (i) allow Finalist to appoint another proxy to take the trip (subject to background clearance and Prize Provider deadlines); or (ii) allow proxy to travel and to appoint a second proxy (selected by Prize Provider) to participate in the Program.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Finalist’s eligibility to participate in the trip and/or the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is not affected by Finalist’s failure to complete and sign all required release and forms and/or to consent to a background check and/or by any information obtained pursuant to a background check, but those failures may affect the nature of his/her appearance and/or degree of participation in the Program. While Finalist’s eligibility to participate in the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is an element of the Trip Prize, the opportunity to participate in the recording and production of the Program and/or appear in the broadcast of the Program is expressly NOT an element of the Trip Prize and is determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion. Prize Provider reserves the right to appoint a proxy to appear and participate in the Program for Finalist for any reason as it may determine in its sole discretion. The appointment of any proxy shall not affect Finalist’s eligibility for the $1 Million Prize.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, and contractors of DCP Rights, LLC, Multi-State Lottery Association, and American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and/or affiliated entities (“Promotion Parties”) and members of the immediate family (e.g., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, stepparents, stepchildren, and stepsiblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of any of the foregoing individuals are ineligible to participate in the Powerball First Millionaire of the Year promotion and/or win a Trip Prize and/or the $1 Million Prize.
- PROMOTION PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, IN ANY WAY, FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCEPTANCE, FULFILLMENT, LOSS, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE TRIP PRIZE, ANY ELEMENT THEREOF, AND/OR THE $1 MILLION PRIZE. PROMOTION PARTIES MAKE NO, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY, WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR LAW, RELATING TO ANY ELEMENTS OF THE TRIP PRIZE, REGARDING THE USE, VALUE, OR ENJOYMENT OF ANY ELEMENTS OF THE TRIP PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
- Must be a PlayOn® Kansas Lottery member to participate in this Promotion. It is FREE to join! Visit www.kslottery.com/playon/ for details.
- The Trip Prize packages are subject to all “official rules” and restrictions for this Promotion, all rules and regulations of the Kansas Lottery, and all applicable state and federal law.
- The Kansas Lottery pays state and federal withholding taxes. $1,408.45 state and $6,760.56 federal for each of the Trip Winners.
- State and federal withholding taxes are the responsibility of the winners receiving the Cash Prize.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter, win, or claim a prize. If a Trip Winner is under the age of twenty-one, his or her guest (“Guest”) must be at least the age of majority in Guest’s state of residence. If Winner is twenty-one (21) or older, Guest may be under the age of eighteen (18) but must be at least thirteen (13) years old (as of the first date of travel), and if Guest is a minor in Trip Winner’s state, Trip Winner must be the parent or legal guardian of Guest.
- Submitting an entry into the drawing constitutes authorization to identify publicly the name of the person whose entry is drawn.
- Each entry ticket may only be used one time as an eligible entry into the Promotion drawing.
- Kansas Lottery retains the right to substitute an alternate prize of approximate equal value.
- Players may enter as often as they wish, but may win only one prize in this Promotion.
- Need not be present to win. Trip Winners who do not elect to take a guest, or whose guest, for any reason, does not actually take the trip, are still subject to the full amount of any taxes due on the total value of the Trip Prize.
- Trip Winners and their guests must comply with all the rules and regulations of the venues where the events are held. Trip Winner acknowledges that if Trip Winner and/or his or her guest behaves in a disorderly or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at any event, Trip Winner and/or his or her guest may be removed from the venue or denied entry (as determined by prize provider or its designee(s) in their sole and absolute discretion). By accepting any ticketed portion of the Trip Prize, Trip Winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions, and restrictions provided by the ticket. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers, certificates, or pre-paid gift cards will not be replaced.
- Trip Winners must travel on or about December 29, 2022, and January 1, 2023, to participate in the Trip Prize. If a Trip Winner is unable to or will not travel on the dates and times selected by Kansas Lottery, the selected Trip Winner will forfeit the Trip Prize, and another Winner will be selected from among the alternates, time permitting.
- Drawing for the “Powerball First Millionaire of the Year” $1 Million prize will be executed by MUSL.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- An email will be sent to each Winner’s email address in their PlayOn profile with an electronic claim form attached, followed by the same documentation sent by U.S. mail.
- Each Winner must return his or her completed claim form electronically, by U.S. mail, or hand-delivered to the Kansas Lottery claims center within 10 calendar days following the date of the drawing or the next eligible entry shall be declared the winner.
- MRC Live & Alternative, LLC (“Prize Provider”) will handle fulfillments of the Trip Prize packages.
- Trip Prize is not exchangeable for cash.
- Kansas Lottery is not responsible for electronic malfunction or player error.