The Kansas Lottery has announced $16.1 million in prizes were won throughout December. Of that, $13.2 million was claimed in instant scratch games, $2.0 million was won on draw games, and $929,857 was won on monitor games!
Kansas is one of seven states where winners can claim their prizes anonymously. The Kansas Lottery saw 23 players claim instant prizes of $10,000 or greater, and they all chose to remain anonymous. Some highlights from instant winners include:
- One $250,000 winner from the $30 Premier Cash ticket;
- Three $100,000 winners, one on the $20 Black Ice ticket and two on the $10 $100,000 Crossword game;
- Five $75,000 winners, three on the $10 Holiday Lucky Times 100 ticket, one on the $10 Lucky Slots ticket, and one on the $10 White Ice 7s game; and
- Three $25,000 winners, one each on the new $5 2021 Doubler ticket, $5 Kansas City Chiefs game, and $5 Holiday Lucky Times 50 ticket.
Below is how much was won throughout December for draw and monitor games:
- Powerball: $420,443, including two $50,000 prizes—one in Northeast Kansas and one in South Central Kansas;
- Mega Millions: $190,228, including one $10,000 win;
- Lotto America: $138,260, including one $20,000 win, one $2,000 win, and three $1,000 wins;
- Super Kansas Cash: $183,226, including nine $2,000 wins;
- Lucky for Life: $568,887, including a second-tier prize of $25,000 a year for life; the player chose the cash option of $390,000;
- Pick 3: $344,800, including 400 winners who each won $500;
- 2by2: $101,518, with one top prize of $22,000 won in Northeast Kansas;
- Holiday Millionaire Raffle: one $30,000 prize from the December 6 Early Bird drawing;
- Keno: $580,819; and
- Racetrax: $349,037.70.
The Kansas Lottery encourages its players to double-check their tickets since many of the top tier prizes remain unclaimed! Players have 365 days from the date of a drawing to claim their prize. For instant games, players have 180 days from the date a game ends to claim their prize.