Kansas Lottery players sent 2021 into the past in style by winning over $17 million in prizes in December alone! Overall, there was $13.9 million won on instant games, $2.2 million won on draw games, and $961,239.70 won playing monitor games.
Kansas is one of eight states where winners can claim their prizes anonymously. The Kansas Lottery saw 24 players claim instant prizes of $10,000 or greater, and one winner publicly shared his story with the Kansas Lottery. Winner stories can be found here. Some highlights from instant winners include:
- One $250,000 prize – on the $30 $250,000 Cash ticket
- Five $100,000 prizes —Three on the $20 $100,000 Crossword ticket, one on the $20 200X ticket, and one on the $20 Hit the Jackpot ticket
- One $75,000 prize – on the $10 Lady Luck 7 ticket
- Two $50,000 prize – on the $5 Super Red Hot Crossword ticket;
- Six $25,000 prizes—One each of the following games: $5 Cash Crop, $5 Casino Cash, $5 50X, $5 Kansas City Chiefs, $5 The Perfect Gift, and the $5 Elvis ticket.
- Three $20,000 prizes – All won on the $2 Double Bonus Crossword ticket
- Six $10,000 prizes – One on the $20 200X ticket, one on the $20 Hit it Bigger ticket, one on the $20 $100,000 Crossword ticket, one on the $2 The Perfect Gift ticket, one on the $20 Hit the Jackpot ticket, and one on the $2 Crater of Coins ticket.
Below is how much was won throughout December for draw and monitor games:
- Powerball: $485,556, including two $50,000 prizes;
- Mega Millions: $149,538, including one $10,000 prize;
- Lotto America: $150,991, including one $4,000 win and four $1,000 prizes;
- Super Kansas Cash: $141,929, including five $1,000 prizes;
- Lucky for Life: $777,183, including one $25,000 a year for life winner and five $5,000 wins;
- Pick 3: $319,020, including 371 winners who each won $500;
- 2by2: $167,161, including four top prizes of $22,000;
- Raffle: The Holiday Millionaire Raffle sold out on December 8. One $30,000 Early Bird winner, which is still unclaimed at this time.
- Keno: $564,297, including a $12,695 8 spot winner and a $20,258 8 spot winner, the latter of which is unclaimed at this time.
- Racetrax: $396,942.70.
The Kansas Lottery encourages players to double-check their tickets since many large prizes remain unclaimed, including a $1 million Mega Millions prize sold in South Central Kansas on June 1; a $270,000 Super Kansas Cash winner sold on January 3, 2022 in Northeast Kansas, four $50,000 Powerball prizes; two $20,000 Lotto America prizes sold in Northwest Kansas, and several Holiday Millionaire Raffle prizes, including the $1 million winner announced on January 5, 2022.